Matches 1 to 50 of 244
--From Wikipedia --
Edward III (13 November 1312 Ã¢â‚¬â€œ 21 June 1377) was one of the most successful English monarchs of the Middle Ages. Restoring royal authority after the disastrous reign of his father, Edward II, Edward III went on to transform the Kingdom of England into the most efficient military power in Europe. His reign saw vital developments in legislature and governmentÃ¢â‚¬â€in particular the evolution of the English parliamentÃ¢â‚¬â€as well as the ravages of the Black Death. He remained on the throne for 50 years; no English monarch had reigned for as long since Henry III, and none would again until George III.
Edward was crowned at the age of fourteen, following the deposition of his father. When he was only seventeen years old, he led a coup against his regent, Roger Mortimer, and began his personal reign. After defeating, but not subjugating, the Kingdom of Scotland, he declared himself rightful heir to the French throne in 1340, starting what would be known as the Hundred Years' War. Following some initial setbacks, the war went exceptionally well for England; the victories of CrÃƒÂ©cy and Poitiers led up to the highly favourable Treaty of BrÃƒÂ©tigny. EdwardÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s later years, however, were marked by international failure and domestic strife, largely as a result of his inertia and eventual bad health.
Edward III was a temperamental man, but also capable of great clemency. He was, in most ways, a conventional king, mainly interested in warfare. Highly revered in his own time and for centuries after, Edward was denounced as an irresponsible adventurer by later Whig historians. This view has turned, and modern historiography credits him with many achievements.
|ENGLAND, King Edward III of (I2266)
|2||In USA he was called Joseph Peter Quinette. He and Catherine Parks and children lived in Fredonia, Ozaukee County, WI, in 1860 and at Morrison, Brown County, WI, in 1870: Censuses of 1860 and 1870 in Robert Leishman papers in possession of Robert L. Quinnett.||QUINET, Joseph-Pierre (I1449)
|3||"Apparently he was a soldier in the French war against the Iroquois, and one of the early landowners in the Montreal area,,,, however what I found really fascinating was the explanation of the surname.. He was from the Mans area, thus, Manseau...."|
--(http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/message/an/surnames.manseau/44/1), "jacques robidas dit manseau", dana tierny
|MANSEAU, Jacques dit Robidas (I844)
|4||"My grandmother was five years old when her brother Jonnie passed away at the age of eight. He had been crippled from strong medicines given from a previous illness, and crawled on his knees and elbows." - Memoirs of Alfred Leroy Johnson, Jr.|
Not listed in the 1850 Census.
|WEY, John Henry (I2075)
|5||--From Unknown Newspaper, probably from Phillips, Wisconsin--|
On Saturday, May 9, Mrs. Margaret Stearns, many years a resident of this village, died at the home of her son at Phillips, after several years of ill health. Her death was due to cancer.
Mrs. Stearns was born September 14, 1838, at Wurtemberg, Germany, coming to this country in 1881. She was a sister of the late William Schumacher and of Mrs. Peter Wagner. A brother, Fred Schumacher, lives at Worthingtan, Indiana, and a brother John at Kansas City, Kansas, and one sister still lives in Germany.
The remains were brought nere Sunday and laid to rest in Oakwood cemetery. They were accompanied by Ernest Stearns and Mr. and Mrs. Fred Stearns of Phillips, and Mr. and Mrs. Frank Braatz of Mellen, the sons and daughter of the deceased.
There were also in attendance Miss Matie Smith of Mellen; and Mr. and Mrs. M. C. Rice and Mrs. E. J. Harkness, all of McMinnville, Tennessee.
Mrs. Stearns was a woman who was well lov
|SCHUMACHER, Katherina Rosina Margaretha (I347)
He was created 1st Earl of Westmorland in 1397. He had become the fifth Baron Neville de Raby in 1388. He was made a Knight of the Garter in 1402, taking the place left vacant by the death of Edmund of Langley, 1st Duke of York. Neville was a supporter of King Henry IV of England.
In the later part of his career, Neville was mainly engaged with defense of the northern border in his capacity as warden of the west march. In 1415, for example, he decisively defeated an invading Scottish army at the Battle of Yeavering.
Like the first lords of Richmond and Peter II of Savoy before him, Ralph was endowed with the lordship of Richmondshire but without the peerage.
|NEVILLE, Earl Sir Ralph de 1st Earl of Westmorland (I2260)
John Neville, 3rd Baron Neville de Raby (1328 Ã¢â‚¬â€œ 17 October 1388) was born at Castle Raby, County Durham, England to Ralph Neville, 2nd Baron Neville de Raby and Alice de Audley. He fought in the Battle of Neville's Cross on (17 October 1346) as a Captain in his father's division. He was Knighted in 1360 and after his father's death in 1367 he succeeded to the title of 3rd Baron Neville of Raby. In 1368 he served as the English ambassador to France. He was Admiral of the King's fleet and served in the wars against the Scots and French. He was made a Knight of the Garter in 1369. Neville married Maud Percy, daughter of Henry de Percy, 2nd Baron Percy and Idoine de Clifford. One of Maud's brothers was Henry de Percy, 3rd Lord Percy. After Maud died in 1379 John married a second time to Elizabeth Latimer, Baroness Latimer of Corby, the daughter of William le Latimer, 4th Lord Latimer.
|NEVILLE, Lord Sir John de (I2262)
John of Gaunt, 1st Duke of Lancaster (6 March 1340 Ã¢â‚¬â€œ 3 February 1399) was a member of the House of Plantagenet, the third surviving son of King Edward III of England and Philippa of Hainault. He gained his name "John of Gaunt" because he was born in Ghent (in today's Belgium), then called Gaunt in English. John exercised great influence over the English throne during the minority reign of his nephew, Richard II, and during the ensuing periods of political strife, but did not openly associate with opponents of the King.
John of Gaunt's legitimate male heirs, the Lancasters, included Kings Henry IV, Henry V, and Henry VI.
John's legitimate descendants also included his daughters Philippa of Lancaster, Queen consort of John I of Portugal and mother of King Edward of Portugal, known as "Duarte" in Portuguese, and of the famous Henry the Navigator. John was also the father of Elizabeth, Duchess of Exeter, the mother of John Holland, 2nd Duke of Exeter through his first wife, Blanche; and by his second wife, Constance, John was the father of Katherine of Lancaster, Queen consort of Henry III of Castile, granddaughter of Peter of Castile and mother of John II of Castile.
John of Gaunt fathered five children outside marriage, one early in life by one of his mother's ladies-in-waiting, and four, surnamed "Beaufort," (for the castle in which they were born) by Katherine Swynford, Gaunt's long-term mistress and third wife. The four Beaufort children, three sons and a daughter, were legitimized by royal and papal decrees after John married Katherine in 1396. Descendants of the marriage to Katherine Swynford included their son Henry Beaufort, Bishop of Winchester and eventually Cardinal; their granddaughter Cecily Neville, mother to Kings Edward IV and Richard III; and their great-grandson Henry Tudor, who became King of England after the Battle of Bosworth Field in 1485 and established the House of Tudor.
When John of Gaunt died in 1399, his estates were declared forfeit to the crown, as King Richard II had exiled John's son and heir, Henry Bolingbroke, in 1398. Bolingbroke and Richard II were first cousins; their fathers were brothers. Bolingbroke returned from exile to reclaim his confiscated inheritance and deposed the unpopular Richard. Bolingbroke then reigned as King Henry IV of England (1399Ã¢â‚¬â€œ1413), the first of the descendants of John of Gaunt to hold the throne of England.
John of Gaunt was buried alongside his first wife, Blanche of Lancaster, in the nave of Old St. Paul's Cathedral in an alabaster tomb designed by Henry Yevele (similar to that of his son in Canterbury Cathedral).
|GAUNT, Duke John of (I2264)
Katherine Swynford (also spelled Synford), nÃƒÂ©e (de) Roet (also spelled (de) Rouet or (de) Roelt (25 November 1350 Ã¢â‚¬â€œ 10 May 1403), was the daughter of Payne (or Paen) de Roet, a Flemish herald from Hainault who was knighted just before his death in battle. His children included Katherine, her older sister Philippa, a son, Walter, and the eldest sister, Isabel de Roet, (who died Canoness of the convent of St. Waudru's, Mons, c. 1366). Katherine became the third wife of the English prince John of Gaunt Duke of Lancaster, and their descendants were the Beaufort family, which played a major role in the Wars of the Roses. Henry VII, who became King of England in 1485, derived his claim to the throne from his mother Lady Margaret Beaufort, who was a great-granddaughter of Katherine Swynford.
Katherine was educated at the convent of Romsey in Hampshire. About 1366, at the age of 16, Katherine married Hugh Swynford (1340-1372), an English knight from the manor of Kettlethorpe in Lincolnshire, and bore him at least two children; Thomas (Sept 21, 1368-1432), Blanche (born May 1, 1367), and likely the Margaret Swynford (born c. 1369) who was nominated a nun at the prestigious Barking Abbey by the command of Richard II in 1377). Katherine then became attached to the household of John of Gaunt, Duke of Lancaster, as governess to his two daughters , Philippa of Lancaster and Elizabeth Plantagenet, (the sisters of the future Henry IV of England) by his first wife Blanche. Sometime before 1373, she became his official mistress. Katherine's sister Philippa, a member of the household of Queen Philippa of Hainault, wife of Edward III, married the poet Geoffrey Chaucer, whose poem The Book of the Duchess commemorated Blanche's death in 1369.
Two years following the death of his second wife Constance of Castile, John and Katherine married on 13 January 1396 in Lincoln Cathedral, three years before he died. The four children Katherine had borne John of Gaunt had been given the surname "Beaufort" and were already adults when they were legitimized by this marriage with approval by King Richard and the Pope. The Beauforts were later barred from inheriting the throne by a clause inserted into the legitimation act by their half-brother, Henry IV.
Katherine survived John by only four years, dying on 10 May 1403. She was then dowager Duchess of Lancaster. Her tomb, and that of her daughter Joan Beaufort, are under a carved-stone canopy in the sanctuary of Lincoln Cathedral. Joan's is the smaller of the two tombs; both were decorated with brass plates Ã¢â‚¬â€ full-length representations of them on the tops, and small shields bearing coats of arms around the sides Ã¢â‚¬â€ but those were damaged or destroyed in 1644 during the English Civil War.
|(DE) ROET, Katharine Duchess of Lancaster (I2265)
|10||--Milwaukee Journal, August 9, 1941|
Frank Zalewski, 82, of 2630 N Buffum St., was found dead on the floor of his home late Friday afternoon by his son, Joseph, a police officer, who came to visit him. He had been living alone since his wife died two years ago. Death was due to natural causes, according to coroner's assistants.
Mr. Zalewski was born in Germany and came to this country 51 years ago. He worked for the department of public works for 39 years, retiring six years ago. He and his wife celebrated their golden wedding anniversary in 1935. Funeral services will be held at 8:30 am Monday at the Schramka chapel, 612 E Burleigh st, and at 9 am at St. Casimir's church, with burial in Holy Cross cemetery.
Survivors include two sons, Joseph and Frank, jr., and five daughters, Mrs. Angeline Pierzchalski, Mrs. Mary Gierszewski, Mrs. Frances Cybela, Mrs. Helen Stroinski and Mrs. Agnes Walczak.
Obituary, Milwaukee Journal - August 9, 1941
ZALEWSKI, Frank sr., Fri., Aug. 8, aged 82 years. residence, 2630 N. Buffum st., beloved father of Angeline Pierschalski, Mary Gierszewski, Joseph, Frances Cybela, Helen Stroinski, Frank, jr., and Agnes Walczak; also survived by 17 grandchildren. Funeral Monday, 8:30 a.m. from the Schramka Funeral Home, 612 E. Burleigh st. Services St. Casimir's church 9 a.m. Interment Holy Cross cemetery. In state Sat, after 9 p.m.
|ZALEWSKI, Frank J Sr. (I270)
Joan Beaufort, Countess of Westmorland (c. 1379 Ã¢â‚¬â€œ 13 November 1440), was the fourth child (and only daughter) of John of Gaunt, Duke of Lancaster and his mistress Katherine Swynford. She was born at the ChÃƒÂ¢teau de Beaufort in Champagne, France (from where the Beaufort children derive their surname). In 1391, at the age of twelve, Joan married Robert Ferrers, 3rd Baron Ferrers of Wemme, and they had two daughters before he died about 1395. Along with her three brothers, Joan had been privately declared legitimate by their cousin Richard II of England in 1390, but for various reasons their father secured another such declaration from Parliament in January 1397. Joan was already an adult when she was legitimized by the marriage of her mother and father with papal approval. The Beauforts were later barred from inheriting the throne by a clause inserted into the legitimation act by their half-brother, Henry IV of England. Soon after this declaration, on 3 February 1397, when she was eighteen, Joan married Ralph de Neville, 1st Earl of Westmorland, who had also been married once before.
When Ralph de Neville died in 1425, his lands and titles should, by law of rights, have passed on to his eldest surviving son from his first marriage, another Ralph de Neville. Instead, while the title of Earl of Westmorland and several manors were passed to Ralph, the bulk of his rich estate went to his wife, Joan Beaufort. Although this may have been done to ensure that his widow was well provided for; by doing this, Ralph essentially split his family into two, and the result was years of bitter conflict between Joan and her stepchildren, who fiercely contested her acquisition of their father's lands. Joan however, with her royal blood and connections, was far too powerful to be called to account, and the senior branch of the Nevilles received little redress for their grievances. Inevitably, when Joan died, the lands would be inherited by her own children.
Joan died on 13 November 1440 at Howden in Yorkshire. Rather than be buried with her husband Ralph (who was buried with his first wife) she was entombed next to her mother in the magnificent sanctuary of Lincoln Cathedral. Joan's is the smaller of the two tombs; both were decorated with brass plates Ã¢â‚¬â€ full-length representations of them on the tops, and small shields bearing coats of arms around the sides Ã¢â‚¬â€ but those were damaged or destroyed in 1644 during the English Civil War. A 1640 drawing of them survives, showing what the tombs looked like when they were intact, and side-by-side instead of end-to-end, as they are now.
Joan Beaufort was the grandmother of Edward IV of England and Richard III of England, whom Henry VII defeated to take the throne. (Henry then married Elizabeth of York, daughter of Edward IV, and their son became Henry VIII of England). She was also the grandmother of Richard Neville, Earl of Warwick 'the Kingmaker'.
|BEAUFORT, Lady Joan Countess of Westmorland (I2261)
|12||10AM on Wednesday||BRAATZ, Agnes Katherine (I252)
|13||12:55pm||SHANNON, Marie R (I1667)
|14||1792, 25 Apr. - Michael Hahn, along with Martin Burkhardt and Michael Lutz were viewing some lots at "Blue Bank" not far from the station, and were attacked by Indians. All subsequently lost their lives. Described as "large, heavy Pennsylvanian Dutchman". Lut was scalped; Hahn was wounded but ran to within view of the station where the Indians finished him off, but did not get his scalp. Burkhardt, shot through right shoulder, escaped to the river but drowned and his body was found 6 weeks later at North Bend.||HAHN, Michael Leonard (I3801)
|15||1:15am||SZULTA, Ignatz Peter (I356)
|16||398-22-9004||LAST, William Henry (I364)
|17||3rd marriage. MARRIAGE RECORDS FOR ITTLINGEN BEGIN|
|FLECK, Johann Casper (I1758)
|18||6am||WOYAK, John B (I3081)
|19||7:30am||ARNOLD, Rosina Winslow (I2170)
|20||William H. Last, |
77, of 122 E. Pierce Street, Port Washington, Chief of the Port Washington Fire Department for 23 years, died at 4 a.m. today at St. Alphonsus Hospital. He suffered a stroke two weeks ago.He was born in the Town of Grafton, March 7, 1888, the son of Mr. and Mrs. Carl Last, and was married to Johanna Schmitz of the Town of Grafton. She died in August 1933.Surviving are two sons, Arnold and Harold, both of Port Washington; eight grandchildren, three great-grandchildren; two brothers, Walter, Milwaukee, and August, Port Washington, and three sisters, Mrs. Dora Thielke, Grafton, and Mrs. Helen Kibbel and Mrs. Leonard Diddier, both of Port Washington.Funer al services will be held at 2 p.m. Thursday at the Poole Funeral Home, Port Washington, with the Rev. Christopher Boland of Frieden’s United Church of Christ officiating. Burial will be in St. Mary’s Cemetery, Port Washington.Frien ds may call at the funeral home from 4 p.m., Wednesday, to the hour of services.
|LAST, William Henry (I364)
|21||A BIOGRAPHY OF ALICE RICHARDS BRADFORD, by Larry Overmire (9th great grandson), Aug. 2008:|
Alice Richards was baptised Apr. 7, 1629 in Pitminster, Somerset, England, the daughter of Thomas and Wealthean (Loring) Richards. She immigrated with her parents on the ship "Mary and John" about 1630.
Alice married William Bradford, Jr., the son of Gov. William Bradford of the Mayflower, on Jan. 28, 1649/50 in Plymouth.
Alice gave birth to ten children: John, William, Thomas, Alice, Mercy, Hannah, Melatiah, Samuel, Mary and Sarah.
Maj. William Bradford succeeded Myles Standish as the chief military man in the colony. He was the commander of the Plymouth forces in King Philip's War. He was wounded in battle at Narragansett Fort and carried the musket ball in his flesh the rest of his life. He also served as Assistant Treasurer and Deputy Governor of Plymouth, residing in what is now Kingston on the south side of Jones River in the same house his father lived in from 1627-47.
Alice died on Dec. 12, 1671, at the age of about 44, and was buried in Plymouth.
|RICHARDS, Alice (I3848)
|22||ABBR Birth Certificate||Source (S3)
|23||ABBR Corrigan Family Genealogy||Source (S9)
|24||ABBR Corrigan Family Memories||Source (S2)
|25||ABBR Death Certificate||Source (S4)
|26||ABBR Descendants of Thomas Corrigan||Source (S8)
|27||ABBR FamilySearch Website||Source (S7)
|28||ABBR Marriage Certificate||Source (S5)
|29||ABBR Mary Jane Zalewski||Source (S11)
|30||ABBR The Zalewski Family Booklet||Source (S10)
|31||According to a story about how Thomas died, while he was having a stroke the town doctor was riding by on his horse to deliver a baby. One of Thomas' children ran out a started waving their arms at the doctor to get his attention. Unfortunately, he just waved back and kept on going thinking that the child was just saying hello.||CORRIGAN, Thomas J (I1)
|32||After husband Fred passed away stayed in home in Excelsior till destroyed by fire;|
Mary Jane moved when married her deceased husband John's brother, Fred, 1868 Excelsior,Wisconsin
A Rosina Dieter, daughter of Mary Jane and John, is buried in Immanuel, aged 10 days 7-7-1867 to 7-17-1867, wasn't sure if same as the Rosina I have listed as being born to them in 1861.
|LINT, Mary Jane (I1597)
|33||After the marriage of Amos and Phoebe Dakins, they lived in Canada for nearly twelve years. In June 1850, the family started for Wisconsin. By wagon they traveled sixty miles to Port Huron, where they took passage on a boat and reached Sheboygan. Journeying by wagon to Fond du Lac, WI, Mr. Dakins, with the aid of his brother-in-law, built a sailboat, on which they sailed up the Wolf river, as far as Fremont. Here he bought 160 acres of government land, and after cutting timber on the same, he sold eighty acres, and for five years they resided in a log cabin. Then Mr. Dakins bought forty acres, upon which stood a comfortable dwelling.|
Amos Dakins [note: I assume Amos, Jr] enlisted at Fremont March 23, 1864, in Co. B, Thirty-seventh Wis. V. I, which was sent to Virginia, and participated in the battle of Petersburg. Mr. Dakins was taken sick in Virginia, and came home on a two months furlough. Rejoining his regiment, he remained till the close of the war; meanwhile the mother sold the Fremont property, and purchased eighty acres of partially improved land in Lind township. Here they lived until 1873, when they came to Buena Vista township, Portage county.
Mr. Dakins bought forty acres of wild land, and built the home in which his son, Albert H. now lives. In 1890 he removed to McDill, where he died May 16 1892, aged eighty years and one day. His wife now resides with her son, Albert H.
|DAKINS, Amos (I2116)
|34||Age: 42 yrs.RECORDS SHOW JOHANN REMARRIED AND SON PAUL BORN 17|
OCT 1683, NO R ECORD OF HIS FATE. ANNA MARIA BORN 9 MAY 1686 AND
DIED. CATHERINA BORN 4 AUG 1 687 AND DIED. MARIA BARBARA BORN 17
NOV 1688 AND DIED.
|STOLTZENHABER, Johann Martin (I1799)
|35||AGE: 46 yrs.PLACE OF BIRTH MAY BE WAIBLINGEN OR LEONBRUN||VENNINGER, Johann Georg (I1760)
|36||Age: 63-3-15 ESTIMATED YEAR OF MARRIAGE 1710. MARRIAGE RECORDS|
|CONRAD, Anna Margaretha (I1765)
|37||Age: 64 yr 27 d AT DEATH AND IS USED TO ESTIMATE DOB.||UNKNOWN, Maria Salome (I1769)
|38||Alexander was a son of William & Abigail Carpenter.|
He married Priscilla Dillen in 1581.
They had at least 5 daughters and perhaps 3 more children, according to the "Rehoboth Branch of the Carpenter Family" by Amos Carpenter in 1898: Julianna; Alice; Bridget; Agnes; Priscilla; Mary; William; and Joan.
Alexander Carpenter from Wrington was on 16 December 1600 [NS] witness at the Amsterdam marriage of "Antoine Fetcher" and "Jenneken Richeman" [J. de Hoop Scheffer, History of the Free Churchmen .... He was at Leiden by 1611. In a letter of 19 August 1644 or 1646 to Mary Carpenter of Wrington, sister of his wife Alice (Carpenter) (Southworth) Bradford, William Bradford noted that the mother of the Carpenter sisters had recently died, and invited Mary to join them in Plymouth, which she soon did.
Alexander Carpenter was a member of the "Ancient Brethren".
|CARPENTER, Alexander (I3859)
|39||ALT SAMUEL WAS MARRIED 3 TIMES. #1 TO ANNA MARIA IN 1638.SHE DIED|
14 DEC 1640. NO CHILDREN. # 2 IS TO ANNA MARIA KNOBBLIN,SHE DIED 29
DEC 1680. #3 TO URSULA 28 JUN 1681, WIDOW OF MARTIN REIHOSTHAL,
#4 IN 1687 TO MARIA ROSINA HARTMAN. HE DIED AT 79 YR OLD. PLACE
AND DATE OF BIRTH IS UNKNOWN AT THIS TIME.
|VENNINGER, Samuel (I1773)
|40||An excerpt from the book, "A Genealogical Register of the First Settlers of New England", says that Eleanor was the second wife of Richard Waldron. It also says that Eleanor was the daughter of Major William Vaughan.||VAUGHAN, Eleanor (I2312)
|41||Ann married Robert Lang on 19 August 1668. Where they were married is disputed. Some sources say in Portsmouth, New Hampshire. Other sources say Devon, England. A source says Robert was married with Elizabeth Phillips in 1658 at Saint Helen's, London.|
Ann died before 1750 in Portsmouth, Rockingham County, New Hampshire. The place of burial, of Robert Lang, and of his wife, Ann, is not known. It may have been in the "Point of Graves," that ancient lot, in Portsmouth, at the edge of the harbor, where so many of the pioneers of an earlier period were laid to rest, and where so few stones remain.
|WILLIAMS, Ann (I3827)
|42||ANNA MARRIED 29 APR 1763 TO HANS JACOB ZIMMER AT HOME OF BIRTH.||VENNINGER, ANNA BARBARA (I1841)
|43||ANNA MARRIED LATE IN 1712 TO JOHANNES KOLB AT HOME OF BIRTH.||VENNINGER, ANNA CATHERINE (I1842)
|44||ANNA WAS MARRIED 26 APR 1670 TO A HANS JACOB (NAME ILLEGIBLE) AT|
|VENNINGER, ANNA MARIA (I1840)
|45||ANNA'S DATE OF BIRTH IS BASED ON AGE OF 63-8-25 YRS AT TIME OF|
DEATH. FATHER W AS JOHANN(HE WAS DECEASED AT TIME OF THIS
|KNOBBLIN, Anna Maria (I1774)
|46||At some point, the name MUENCH was changed to MINK.||Family F638
|47||Block 2, Sec. A North 1/2 of Lot 262||ZALEWSKI, Frank Edward Jr (I272)
|ZALEWSKI, Jacob (I2590)
|49||Born about 1575, based on date of marriage. Came from Hingham, Norfolk to Charlestown MA in 1633. (An Edmund Hobart, son of Thomas & Hellena Hubbard, was baptized at Snoring Magna, Norfolk, on 1 Jan 1573. This would be about the right yraer of birth for the immigrant, & the immigrant did name a son Thomas, but Snoring Magna is some distance from Hingham in Norfolk, so further evidence would be welcome.)|
Removed to Hingham in 1635. Died there, 8 March 1646[/7] "father Hubbeard died."
Married (1) to Margaret Dewey in Hingham, Norfolk, England, 7 September 1600 . She died before October 1634 when her husband remarried. They had ten children in Hingham, Norfork, England. It is not certain that she survived to come to New England, especially since she did not join the Charlestown church with her husband on 19 October 1633.
Married (2) in Charlestown 10 October 1634, Sarah (_____) (Lyford) Oakley, born about 1586 (deposed 1 August 1639 aged "about fifty-three years," widow of Rev. JOHN LYFORD . She died Hingham 23 June 1649 ("mother Hobart died in the evening being Saturday, buried on the Sabbath"). (Edmund Hobart was guardian to the children of his second wife, and was otherwise involved in securing their inheritance from their father.)
According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Ship_Church,Edmund Hobart is buried at Old Ship Burying Ground in Hingham, Massachusetts
|HOBART, Edmund (I3837)
|50||Burial Location: Block 16, Lot 388,||ZALEWSKI, Marianna (I276)