It’s time for another one of Randy Seaver’s Saturday Night Genealogy Fun posts.
- List your matrilineal line – your mother, her mother, etc. back to the first identifiable mother. Note: this line is how your mitochondrial DNA was passed to you!
- Tell us if you have had your mitochondrial DNA tested, and if so, which Haplogroup you are in.
- Post your responses on your own blog post, in Comments to this blog post, or in a Status line on Facebook or in your Stream at Google Plus.
- If you have done this before, please do your father’s matrilineal line, or your grandfather’s matrilineal line, or your spouse’s matriliuneal line.
- Does this list spur you to find distant cousins that might share one of your matrilineal lines?
According to my blog, it seems I did this line for myself already. Though, I will post it again in case something is more up-to-date. I will do my father’s line and also my wife’s line since I haven’t really inspected those before. Here is mine, first.
- Brian J ZALEWSKI
- Sharon THIELKE married John ZALEWSKI
- Marge DeBROUX married LeRoy THIELKE
- Mildred Vida VAN PRICE (5 Jul 1903 Mattoon, Shawano Co., Wisconsin – 29 Oct 1994 Port Washington, Ozaukee Co., Wisconsin) married Leon DeBROUX
- Minnie May MUHM (12 Jul 1879 Norwood, Langlade Co., Wisconsin – 6 Jul 1959 Port Washington, Ozaukee Co., Wisconsin) married Pieter Fransiscus VAN PARIJS
- Ida W SCHAVANDIE (6 Sep 1852 Germany – 12 Nov 1934 Antigo, Langlade Co., Wisconsin) married Peter MUHM
- Anna RASCH (? in Germany – ??) married Lawrence SCHAVANDIE
Unfortunately, my matrilineal line is one of the few lines in my tree that is somewhat short, though I have not done a ton of research on it. I have done a DNA test, so I do have my mtDNA information. According to the latest 23AndMe info, my Maternal Haplogroup in H11a. I have made my 23AndMe Maternal Line page public, so you can view more details there. It does match the German ancestry that I find in my research.
Next is my father’s matrilineal line, though there is no mtDNA haplogroup info since my DNA does not have that information. Only his DNA (or his sibling’s) would show that.
- John ZALEWSKI
- Mary Jane CORRIGAN (27 Apr 1926 Ashland, Ashland Co., Wisconsin – 10 Aug 2011, Greenfield, Milwaukee Co., Wisconsin) married Richard ZALEWSKI
- Agnes Katherine BRAATZ (4 Feb 1903 Mellen, Ashland Co., Wisconsin – 9 Apr 1998 Merrill, Marathon Co., Wisconsin) married Maurice Earl CORRIGAN
- Barbara Margaretha Magdalena STEARNS (30 Aug 1866 Württemberg, Germany – abt 1943 Ashland, Ashland Co., Wisconsin) married Frank F BRAATZ
- Katherina Rosina Margaretha SCHUMACHER (14 Sep 1838 Gross-Forst, Württemberg, Germany – 9 May 1908 Philips, Price Co., Wisconsin) married Georg Heinrich STIERN
- Barbara HEINZ (16 Feb 1804 Dünsbach, Württemberg, Germany – ??) married Johann Michael SCHUMACHER
- Maria Margaretha HETTLER (?? – ??) married Johann Andreas HEINZ
If I had to guess, I’d say his mtDNA line is pretty similar to mine as the line goes deep into Germany. It may be the same area, who knows?
My wife’s matrilineal line, which would also be my daughter’s:
- Darcy MORAN
- Corinne GYRION married Larry MORAN
- Dorothy BANNACH married Lloyd GYRION
- Marie R SHANNON (24 Oct 1900 Springville, Portage Co., Wisconsin – 7 Jan 1964 Menasha, Winnebago Co., Wisconsin) married Julius BANNACH
- Mary DAKINS (27 May 1879 Dayton, Waupaca Co., Wisconsin – 10 Oct 1904 Keene, Portage Co., Wisconsin) married George W SHANNON
- Helen M WARNER (May 1853 Wisconsin – sometime after 1916 ??) married William DAKINS
- Susan SKINNER (abt 1813 Connecticut – Aug 1865 Wisconsin) married Seth WARNER