- Pierre Lefebvre arrived in New France in early 1640. He is first mentioned in Trois-Rivieres, April 11, 1643. He was at the same time land-clearer, manufacturer, syndic, land-surveyor, church warden, and referee.
Pierre acquired his first land from the governor Charles Huault de Montmagny, August 15, 1644. On a modern map, this property of Lefebvre extends from St. Prosper Street Saint-Prosper backing onto Saint-Joseph hospital to the intersection of Saint-Real, Saint-Louis Boulevard and 6th Avenue
In 1646, Pierre Lefebvre married in Trois-Rivieres, Jeanne Auneau. Seven or eight children are born from this union.
[Excerpt from "Your Ancient Canadian Family History", Reginald L. Olivier]
Pierre came to the new world about 1640. Jesuit records show Pierre was captured by the Iroquois on July 4, 1648. He spent three long months among the Iroquois but managed to escape his guards and return to his home in October. He escaped with a man named Berger who had managed to escape a few times before.
Pierre becomes trustee of the inhabitants between 1658 and 1660, the Church Warden in 1663. He also takes part in the construction of the first church.
[From Lefebvre Genealogy]
Information on its birth, its marriage and its death diverges according to different sources. Cyprien Tanguay1 gives 1616 for his baptism's year, but does not specify the place. According to Benjamin Sulte2 , he would have been born in Mortagne-au-Perche in France and baptizes on October 20, 1623. According to Mr. Sulte also, he would have come to Canada immediately after its marriage, around 1646, with Jeanne Aunois of unknown origin. However, Rene JettÃƒÂ©3 cites him in Trois-RiviÃƒÂ¨res on April 11, 1643 and mentions that he is originating from Sceaux, arrondissement of Antony, archdiocese of Paris (Haut-de-Seine). The date of its death remains also imprecise and according to JettÃƒÂ©, he would be deceased between July 16, 1668, date of his will in presence of notary Ameau, and October 12, 1670.
The couple had nine children and five of the sons married in their turn: Jacques in 1670 with Marie Beaudry dit Lamarche, Michel in 1683 with Catherine Trottier, Ignace in 1682 with Catherine's sister Marie Trottier, Ange in 1679 or 1680 with Marie-Madeleine Cusson and Pierre in 1731 with Marie-Louise Dagneau. In 1707, the intendant Jacques Raudot named Ange Lefebvre notary of the seigneury of the Baie-Saint-Antoine, as known today as Baie-du-Febvre.